UTILITY ASSISTANCE POLICY
- To be eligible for utility assistance, the client must have Sickle Cell Disease and be a Mid- South Resident (Crittenden County, Arkansas; Desoto County, Mississippi) or reside in the State of Tennessee.
- Client must present a valid picture ID in addition to the utility bill for assistance.
- The client must present a disconnect notice in order to receive assistance. Additionally, client must allow SCFT staff and/or representative to contact the utility agency for verification.
- Each client can receive a maximum of up to $100.00 per calendar year. Funds are distributed on a first come first serve basis. If the client chooses not to use the full amount of $100.00 at one time, there is no guarantee that the unused portion will be available for subsequent requests.
- Utility bill must be in client’s name.
- These funds shall be used as the payer of last resort; therefore, clients must exhaust other community resources prior to receiving utility assistance through SCFT. Proof shall be presented in the form of denial letters from those community agencies.
- If a client becomes incarcerated, all services are ceased until released.
This assistance will be available until the funds are exhausted.
Note: All assistance is based on available resources. All forms must be signed, dated and faxed to 901-572-1382 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.